Marketing Coordinator / Executive
The Internet is a vital tool for modern business, so sourcing reliable and cost-effective network access is a must for businesses of any size – doubly so with today’s increased working from home, video meetings and mobile usage. Service Providers, the organisations that sell this Internet access, have a tough job on their hands. They must support a wide range of demanding customers in a highly crowded marketplace where price is typically the main and sometimes the only differentiator.
But it doesn’t have to be like this. Service providers can offer a valued managed service which grows their profits and benefits their customers with a more reliable and efficient network – a key goal for both sides because without the network, nothing works. At Highlight, we provide a cloud-based service assurance platform and dashboard to help them deliver on this goal.
We’re already enabling our service providers to deliver this elevated level of service to over 8,000 customers including banks, supermarkets and energy companies, with users in more than 90 countries. Our goal is to help these providers grow faster, be trusted by their customers and be more profitable by enabling them to offer the best service in the marketplace.
Marketing Coordinator job summary
Highlight is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to drive the success of Highlight’s marketing communications and website activities. The role will collaborate with stakeholders including our sales and product teams and external marketing agency to make sure that our marketing activities have the right inputs at the right time and are measured with the right analytics to judge their success. The successful candidate for this role will enjoy being a hands-on marketeer and will share our emphasis on good copy and good design. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in coordinating a wide range of marketing functions and be able to contribute directly where necessary, for example reviewing content or creating a marketing campaign to encourage usage of a new feature and reporting the results of it.
The role will also have responsibility for the company website, ensuring that the content, journeys and structure match our product, goals and expected visitor types. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of these areas during the interview process. The marketing coordinator must be an organised multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
The role will report into Highlight’s Product Director and will be based in Highlight’s head office in Lower Eashing, Surrey, but with plenty of flexibility on working patterns and locations.
Marketing Coordinator responsibilities
Business Development and External communications
- Highlight currently outsources lead generation to an external digital agency. This role is the main point of contact and is responsible for day-to-day coordination of the agency, making sure they are driven, have the inputs they need to deliver on their goals, and are measured on what they deliver.
- Support the Sales and Product Directors in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan by taking input from the product and sales strategies and devising a marketing plan that supports them.
- Coordination of the internal and external resources required to feed content and other requirements to the external agency.
- Work with internal teams, Highlight’s partners and external resources to secure case studies, testimonials and other quotes that provide evidence of the value that Highlight’s service provides. Ensure we get the maximum value from these i.e. by circulating, promoting awareness, updating the website, etc.
- Work with the sales team to set up tools and processes to monitor the success of leads progressing to prospects and beyond, use this feedback to improve the quality of leads.
- Work collaboratively with our partner’s sales and marketing teams to run joint upsell and resell campaigns.
- Find opportunities to promote or advertise our successes within a partner to encourage greater use of Highlight.
- As needed, organise and promote Highlight webinars to both existing partners and prospects.
- Send Highlight regular product updates and release notes to existing users.
Highlight Website (www.highlight.net) and social media
- Responsible for the creation of website content, contributing directly to the structure, content and journeys and working with other resources as necessary e.g. graphic design
- Understand and act on Website statistics and usage patterns, and report on these to the rest of the business.
- Coordination of website leads and ‘talk to us now’ button
- Manage our business social media profile on Linkedin
- Manage our company profiles on vendor partner sites, especially Microsoft and Cisco
Contact database and CRM tools
- Responsible for the Highlight marketing contact database (currently HubSpot), ensuring the contacts are relevant and interested and the data is high quality
- Manage the campaign list, in conjunction with the external marketing agency. Track and monitor the performance of individual campaigns
Product Marketing content creation
- Support Sales by driving the creation of marketing material (PDFs, business cases, product collateral etc) which Sales can use in winning new partners, and which our partners can use to sell Highlight on to their corporate customers.
- Create and maintain Highlight’s standard document and presentation templates
Highlight internal marketing and communications
- Regularly communicate internally what we’re doing in Marketing, showing some useful analytics/feedback, and explaining how this feedback will modify or inform subsequent marketing activity.
- Run internal events such as annual meetings, internal product launches and other events to celebrate the success of Highlight.
Key Requirements - Candidate Skills and Attributes
- Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- An excellent level of both written and verbal English.
- Experience of content management systems (CMS) used to update websites, and website analytics tools.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong understanding of digital marketing tools and systems such as social media platforms and CRM tools.
- A self-starter who is happy to drive the creation of content, processes and projects without excessive oversight and contribute directly to these areas – this is very much a mix of co-ordinating and doing, not simply delegating.
- A desire to “do things right” and drive high-quality in everything we publish and produce
- Keen to learn and develop new skills/knowledge. Ours is a specialised product and you must want to develop your skill set and understanding of the market.
- Positive, enthusiastic and realistic ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able and willing to work as part of a team with a wide range of commercial, technical and operational skills.
- Candidates must hold an existing right to work in the UK
- Hands on experience of HubSpot, LinkedIn and Google Analytics.
- A marketing related qualification.
- Previous experience of working in or close to the internet or service provider industry.
Submit your application via the form here --->