At Highlight, we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic, generic location, device info and source information.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you fill out our contact forms or initiate live chat.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Please see our cookies page for more information.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding related goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
At Highlight, we try and prevent spam from reaching you as much as possible, therefore we try to keep any marketing communications to you as relevant as possible.
Storing your personal data
In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
For information regarding GDPR and how this affects us, you as a user/visitor etc. can be found on our Help &Support Centre in the Terms & Conditions section. For enquiries, concerns and requests of information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.